There is nothing better on a hot day in Central Florida, and Disney World has many places to go to get that perfect ice cream treat. Here, I present some of my favorite picks for ice cream spots.
10. Aloha Isle. I know I’m going a different direction than most Disney fans, but while I LOVE me some Dole Whip, it is not my favorite ice cream spot. For starters, if you want anything other than Dole Whip or vanilla, you’re not getting it here. Secondly, Dole Whip is not something inherently unique to Disney. Still, it is a must-do for me each and every trip!
9. Pineapple Lanai. This is basically Aloha Isle, with 2 distinct differences: since it is located in the Polynesian, you don’t need a park ticket to get a Dole Whip, and second, you can get the Dole Whip with rum. Also much like Aloha Isle, Pineapple Lanai offers some seasonal variations on the Dole Whip. I highly recommend getting yourself a Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai and eating it while walking to the Magic Kingdom.
8. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. This place would literally be nothing special except for the fact that you can eat your ice cream while staring at Cinderella’s Castle. Plaza Ice Cream has still not reopened since being closed due to Covid, so check for availability.
7. Hollywood Scoops. This spot is a perfect stop for guests of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. But seriously…while there is nothing absolutely spectacular about Scoops, Hollywood Studios is an incredibly hot park, and ice cream is the perfect snack.
6. Storybook Treats. I’m bucking the trend here, because most people disregard this location, but I happen to love it. First of all, the Peter Pan float, which is lime Dole Whip with Sprite and a chocolate feather, is perfectly refreshing. If lime isn’t your thing, you can make a float with chocolate, vanilla, or swirl ice cream and fountain drink of your choice (COKE FLOAT!).
5. Ghirardelli Soda Fountain. Located at Disney Springs, this popular spot is full of delicious goodies. If you make the journey to Disney Springs, I highly recommend it. I would rate it higher, but it is out at Disney Springs and I would rather go somewhere in the parks than to take a trip all the way out there just for ice cream.
4. Anandapur Ice Cream Truck. Let me tell you exactly why I love this place: pineapple Fanta float. Pineapple Fanta sounded, quite honestly, really gross until I had it in a float with delicious vanilla (highly underrated ice cream flavor) soft serve. So take a ride on Everest and then grab a snack and sit and rest.
3. Sunshine Tree Terrace. Sorry, Dole Whip lovers, but the Citrus Swirl is the superior treat, and that is why Sunshine Tree is ranked so much higher than Aloha. That and the better variety and, of course, pot stickers. Now, with the new mobile ordering, I might not even have a Dole Whip anymore. There. I said it. (Just kidding, I’ll totally still get one)
2. Beaches and Cream Soda Shop. I know it has the same Edy’s ice cream as the Plaza but HOLY MOLY what a different experience. First of all, there’s food. Secondly, Mickey and Minnie Souvenir Sinks. Third, cookie fries, Fourth, THE KITCHEN SINK.
- L’Artisan Des Glaces. Located in the France Pavilion, just trust me. Go there. Macaron “ice cream sandwich” or ice cream served with warm brioche. Ice Cream Martini. Just delicious and amazing.
So where is your ice cream go to? Planning a Disney trip? Contact me today!!