Here’s the latest news from Disney Cruise Line!
Disney Announces Second Year-Round Home Port
Port Everglades, located in Broward County, has been named as Disney’s second year-round homeport. Beginning in 2023, one ship will be homeported in Port Everglades, and a second, seasonal ship in 2025. The port will have a 15-year partnership, and gives Disney a dedicated terminal in a market that will have direct highway access and one of the nation’s fastest growing airports in Fort Lauderdale. Disney’s original homeport is, of course, Port Canaveral.
All-New Live Entertainment Exclusively Aboard the Disney Wish
A Treasure Retold: ‘Disney the Little Mermaid’
This one-of-a-kind theatrical production of the 1989 Disney Classic “The Little Mermaid” was developed exclusively for the Disney Wish. This will be a modern-day retelling of the story told by Storytellers who have discovered an Enchanted Treasure Chest, including:
- new orchestrations of your favorite songs
- playful scenic designs and state-of-the-art video projections will transform the Walt Disney Theater into a 360-degree under the sea adventure
- cutting-edge puppetry
An Embarkation Celebration: ‘Disney Seas the Adventure’
This original musical spectacular will welcome guests on their first night aboard this brand new ship. This musical voyage into some of your favorite Disney stories. Captain Minnie will pass the helm to Goofy, who will set sail into uncharted waters on a journey to discover his inner captain. Goofy’s journey will, of course, include interactions with Disney and Pixar characters.
- Tiana will teach Goofy the power of hard work to make a dream come true with a show-stopping performance of “Almost There”
- Crush and Squirt will show Goofy how to “go with the flow”
- Exclusive to this show only, Elsa, Moana, and Merida will perform a power medley of “Let it Go,” “How Far I’ll Go,” and “Touch the Sky,” inspiring Goofy to head “into the unknown”
- when Goofy loses his way, as Goofy tends to do, and begins to doubt himself, Hercules and other Disney Heroes will step in to help Goofy find the courage to “Go the Distance!”
And to end the show, Captain Minnie and Goofy, joined by a cavalcade of Disney Characters, will lead guests to the Grand Hall for an unforgettable sendoff experience – the ULTIMATE “Kiss Goodnight” to close out the first day on board!
Signature Pirate Night with Rock-and-Roll Twist
An all-new version of the popular nighttime deck celebration with a rock-and-roll extravaganza and fireworks at sea! This party is hosted by Captain Redd, a descendent of the fiery Red Head from the popular Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Pirate’s Rockin’ Parlay Party will feature live music, remarkable stunts, special effects, and plenty of surprises, including a fantastic fireworks display with a score from the music of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise!
Don’t miss out on these exciting new shows! Contact me today to book your Disney Cruise!!!!