The newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line Fleet, the Disney Wish, had it’s float out just last week, a major construction milestone, as the ship prepares for it’s Maiden Voyage on July 14. This week, Disney released more details about the new ship, and I, for one, am SO excited to sail! Let’s read about the Disney Wish Details!
Inside Out: Joyful Sweets
Anything Inside Out-related is a winner in my book, and this sweet shop looks amazing! This Inside Out Sweet Shop, which is designed to resemble the control center inside 11-year-old Riley’s mind where her emotions guide her through everyday life, will feature sculpted figures of the film’s five main characters and glowing Memory Orb light fixtures. PHOTO OP!
While I would be happy and content with just the decor, because I LOVE this movie, let’s get into the Disney Wish Details! This sweet shop has 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream, with daily handcrafted gelato specials. These handcrafted specials will be available in amazing combos, like peanut butter pretzel and white chocolate raspberry. You can’t have plain ice cream, though, so there will be plenty of tasty toppings available. There will be FRESH whipped cream, fruit compotes, and syrup, in addition to traditional toppings. Sign me up and say no more!
The shop will serve signature treats inspired by the hit Pixar film. Get your chocolate memory orbs, filled with sweet candy remembrances.
Or maybe you’d prefer a nice cupcake? There are five signature cupcakes available, one to represent each emotion. Joy, a lemon cupcake; Sadness, who is represented by a blueberry cupcake; Disgust, yummy pistachio; Anger, a delectable red velvet; and, of course, loveable Fear, a spirited bubble gum! There will also be specialty macarons and cake pops, in addition to handcrafted truffles, designer cookies, indulgent brownies, and vibrant candy offerings. I just hope they don’t have that gum commercial!
Disney Wish Details – Olaf’s Royal Picnic
Families with kids ages 3-12 may reserve this Frozen summertime picnic pre-sailing, and it does come with an additional fee. Join Olaf, Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff for a fun picnic and sing-along in Arendelle. Kids will receive an assortment of gifts, including a troll plush, picnic blanket, and a custom mandolin. That mandolin will come in handy, when they sing “Reindeer are better than people,” with Kristoff!
New Immersive and Interactive Entertainment Venues
The Disney Wish will change the way guests interact with cruise ships. There will be many new immersive and interactive spaces for families to play in and enjoy! The Disney Difference!
The Grand Hall
Of all the things planned for the Disney Wish, I think this is the most intriguing. Disney has designed all-new built-in special effects that will magically transform the the entrance atrium into an amazing theater with the first-EVER atrium stage! Look how amazing this is going to be!
Planned entertainment for the Grand Hall includes, via Disney Cruise Blog:
- A royal greeting will await families as they enter the glittering Grand Hall for the first time. Every child will receive their very own wishing wand upon embarkation, which they will use to make the “First Wish” of their vacation during a special boarding celebration.
- During the sailing, families can attend a royal gathering of magnificent proportions as Disney Princesses descend into the Grand Hall to meet and greet with guests.
- The Grand Hall stage will conceal a host of Disney friends during “Who’s Behind the Curtain?”, a playful game show where guests answer questions to reveal the identity of hidden characters.
- On the final night of every sailing, cruisers will return to the Grand Hall and raise their wands with Fairy Godmother to ignite a spectacular farewell show featuring favorite characters, special effects and lively performances.
I can’t wait. And I can’t get the Fairy Godmother from the Descendants out of my head right now!
But wait, THERE’S MORE. This all new space will feature a two-story LED screen wall, stage and bar. Luna will be a state-of-the-art entertainment hub where families will be able to laugh, play, and compete.
Entertainment will include:
- “Villains Game Night” is a witty game show where guests will attempt to answer Disney trivia questions amid the jeers and sneers of nefarious Disney foes, including Cruella de Vil, Gaston, Hades, Maleficent and more, who will join on screen.
- “Disney Songbook” will put guests in the spotlight as they belt out Disney songs and showcase their star talent for a live camera crew, who will project each performance onto the big screen.
- During the live grand finale event for Disney Uncharted Adventure, an all-new interactive experience that uses guests’ mobile devices to unlock hidden adventures aboard the ship, families will team up with other cruisers to battle an infamous Disney villain.
Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.
Families will test their strength, speed and stamina during the Incredi-Games, a high-energy game show featuring an elaborate obstacle course of over-the-top physical challenges, each inspired by the dynamic characters of Pixar’s “The Incredibles.”
- Heroes will first test their strength by busting through a “brick” wall during Mr. Incredible’s Power Punch.
- Jack-Jack’s Whack-A Rac will pit players against Rocky and his raccoon friends, who you might remember from “The Incredibles 2.”
- Only the most flexible families will conquer the twists and turns of Elastigirl’s Stretch-O-Rama.
- Family speedsters will be the front-runners of Dash’s Mad Dash Mayhem.
- Violet’s Force Field Swing will send supers soaring across a lava field. (Remember, we are using our incredible imaginations here!)
- The strong finish includes a cool down on Frozone’s Ice Slide, where heroes will ascend to the highest peak and slide down the icy slope to victory.
This game show-style experience will feature high-energy hosts, adrenaline-pumping music, special effects and more! And there will be plenty of balcony space for people to just sit and watch the games!
This will also be the home of Jack-Jack’s Incredible Diaper Dash! Now with more fanfare than ever before, this beloved competition will offer terrific tots the chance to compete for the coveted title of Diaper Dash Champion as they speed-crawl across a 20-foot track amid the cheers (and chuckles) of family, friends and adoring fans.
The space will also serve as a free-play gym, with basketball, soccer, and tabletop games, like ping pong, air hockey, foosball, and more!
The Wish sets sail July 14, 2022. Contact me today to book your cruise!