Looking for some Extra Magic on your next trip? Consider adding Enchanting Extras!
One of the most popular questions that I get asked every time I say we’re going to Disney World (yes, AGAIN) is “don’t you get bored doing the same thing every time?” Actually, we aim to do at least one new thing every single trip, be it a restaurant we’ve never dined at before, or a show, or a resort hotel, or one of the many Enchanting Extras offered by Disney! These options add an extra dose of magic to your trip! Which Extra intrigues you the most?!
Enchanting Extras – Tours
- Disney Private VIP Tours – Create your Disney dream day! This is the ULTIMATE way to explore the parks with your own private VIP Tour Guide. You will be getting a fully customizable experience. And it will be filled with attractive benefits, including access to the Lightning Lane for attractions offering it. Plus, you can request reserved viewing for parades, shows and fireworks. For more details, visit this story!
- Prices start at $425/hour with a 7-hour minimum for up to 10 people. Ask me for more information.
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour – 16+ – Ready to take the Magic Kingdom to the MAX? Unlock the fascinating history of Magic Kingdom Park and gain backstage access to legendary hidden areas. This 5-hour walking tour explores the creation and remarkable growth of one of the most beloved parks at Walt Disney World Resort! With this tour, you get a sneak peek at secret locations you’ve always wondered about and get the inside scoop on some of your favorite attractions, AND lunch. And walk through the Utilidors! I am so excited that we can FINALLY do this tour! I have been dying to do this for ages!
- For this tour, guests must be 16 years of age or older, with valid photo ID, and prices start at $114 per person and can be booked on your My Disney Experience 60 days prior to travel.
There are many ways to see fireworks without crowding into the massive crowds hours before the shows start. These Enchanting Extras are some of our favorites! We did the EPCOT Fireworks cruise in 2001 and it was fun, even in the downpour! Dessert parties are always a great time!
OUTSIDE OF THE THEME PARKS
Fireworks Cruises – Drop anchor for world-class fireworks during an ever-enchanting nighttime cruise! By taking one of these nighttime cruises, you’ll have the perfect opportunity to watch Disney Enchantment or Harmonious right from the water. These brilliant fireworks spectaculars add an amazing wow factor to your cruise!
From the comfort of a chartered boat, your party will set sail for International Gateway near World Showcase Lagoon to watch the skies light up over Epcot. Or embark on the waters of Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake cruises to Magic Kingdom Park—with synchronized audio onboard to fully immerse you in the moment. It’s an incredible finale to the festivities!
-Prices vary on type of cruise and location. Fireworks Cruises can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY up to 60 days out from your check in.
THEME PARK ADMISSION AND RESERVATION REQUIRED
- Dessert Parties –Put a cherry on top of your magical day with a sensational dessert party to toast the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
- Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties:
- Disney Enchantment Pre-Party – $99 per 10 and up $59 per child 3-9. Enjoy dessert first and reserved viewing in the garden (standing) after eating.
- Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties: Disney Enchantment Treats & Seats – $114 per 10 and up $69 per child 3-9. Enjoy dessert and the fireworks from a reserved table so you can remain seated comfortably during the show.
- Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties: Disney Enchantment After-Party – $99 per 10 and up $99 per child 3-9. Enjoy reserved viewing in the garden (standing) first, followed by dessert buffet nearby after fireworks.
- EPCOT Fireworks Dining Packages- Enjoy the amazing Harmonious Fireworks spectacular while dining on a delicious patio dinner.
- Rose and Crown UK
- Spice Road Table Morocco
- Magic Kingdom 50th Fireworks Dessert Parties:
These can be booked on the My Disney Experience website 60 days prior to travel on the My Disney Experience website
These Enchanting Extras can get you up close and personal with animals, or provide a unique experience that you will never forget! Please heed the age warnings!
- Caring for Giants – 4+ – Get a closer look at the majestic African elephants at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park—and learn what it takes to care for them. During this 60-minute experience, you’ll meet with a knowledgeable Guide who will provide insight into the inner workings of our African elephant herd.
- $35 per person pretax ages 4+ and can be booked on the My Disney Experience website at 60 days prior to travel.
- Up close with Rhinos – 4+ – Meet these mighty—but gentle—giants in a special viewing area for a wildlife experience like no other! Get ready for your close-up with the white rhinoceros—Earth’s second-largest land animal. In this 60-minute guided adventure, the rhinos’ keepers will take you backstage to meet these massive creatures as few people ever do.
- $45 per person pretax ages 4+. Can be booked on the My Disney Experience website 60 days prior to travel.
Hike the “Jungle”
- Wild Africa Trek – 8 + and at least 48 inches (122 cm) tall. Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. Embark on a privately guided, VIP expedition full of close encounters with exotic African wildlife! An Exhilarating Safari Adventure Be awestruck viewing wild animals in their natural habitat on the 3-hour Wild Africa Trek. On this privately guided tour, discover animals of nearly every variety living in the Safi River Valley—an untamed environment that resembles their home turf in Africa.
- This excursion is $199 per person, and participants must be 8 years of age or older and at least 48 inches tall. In addition, because of safety, participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating. This experience can be booked on the My Disney Experience website 60 days prior to travel.
Animals and Food – Two of My Favorite Things!
- Savor the Savanah –8+ -See the Savanna in a new light. Immerse your senses during a privately guided journey and explore the sights and sounds—and tastes—of Africa. Enjoy Savor the Savanna, the premium tour where you can discover the wonders of the continent’s most amazing creatures… and so much more!
- $174 per person pretax for ages 8+ and this extra can be booked on the My Disney Experience website at 60 days prior to travel.
Not every one of the Enchanting Extras are for the theme parks! Sometimes it’s fun to hang out OUTSIDE of the theme parks! Walt Disney World is a massive place and literally has something for everyone. Click for more information on Guys’ Trip Activities or Cheap or Free Things to Do Outside of Parks or Walt Disney World with No Theme Parks.
- Golf – Play 9 or 18 holes on any of Disney’s four different golf Courses.
- Foot Golf
- Miniature Golf
- Fishing – Reel in the fun with guided excursions and dockside fishing on select waterways of Walt Disney World Resort. Guided catch-and-release outings let you experience bass fishing at its finest—all year round! Whether you’re a seasoned sportsman or an amateur angler, a guided fishing excursion is fun for Guests of all ages. Choose from Guided Bass Fishing Excursions, which includes a 21-foot Sun Tracker pontoon boat that can accommodate up to 5 Guests, and a tournament-style NITRO® bass fishing boat for up to 3 Guests. All by yourself? You’re in luck, because solo anglers may book an afternoon excursion at a reduced rate.
- Prices vary Call (407) 939-FISH or (407) 939-3474 to make a reservation and get more information on pricing.
Explore Fort Wilderness
- Horseback Riding – Go horseback riding on the scenic, wooded trails at The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Guests 9 years of age and up can ride through an idyllic woodland teeming with deer, ducks, armadillos, and rabbits. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, trail rides are a relaxing way to explore the natural beauty surrounding The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.
- $55 per person pretax and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY 60 days prior to check in date.
- Archery – Archery Guides teach Guests 7 years of age and up how to use a compound bow; then it’s time for target practice! Most of this 75-minute experience is dedicated to firing at range targets. Since class sizes are limited to 10 guests, each marksman receives personalized advice from the Archery Guides to best help you hone your archery skills.
- $45 per person pretax and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY 60 days prior to check in date.
- Tri-Circle-D Ranch – FREE! There are activities that have a cost, but anyone can explore the Ranch for FREE!!
Enchanting Extras – Relaxation
- Spa Experiences – Renew your mind, body and spirit at a full-service spa, salon and health club reminiscent of a serene Florida garden. Step through the Victorian-style entryway and escape to a timeless haven of relaxation. Here, you can break away from the everyday and truly unwind amid soothing music, calm lighting, and pampering experiences. The Grand Floridian Spa offers an array of revitalizing therapies and services—body treatments, massages, manicures and other indulgences—designed to elevate the mind and help you look and feel your best.
- You can book this right on the My Disney Experience website 60 days prior to check in
- Pool Cabanas – Relax in luxury and style, enjoying the day your way. You can lounge in the sun or retreat to your furnished, shaded oasis—complete with personal electronics and refreshments. As a result, Disney’s signature attention-to-detail sets the standard for the ultimate in poolside pampering. So, treat yourself, friends and family to this unforgettable vacation experience.
- Cabanas are available for full day rentals.
- Cabanas at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa—as well as those shared by Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort—are available to Guests of those Resorts only.
- Pricing varies, and these cabanas can be booked at 60 days prior to check in by calling 407-WDW-PLAY
Other Popular Enchanting Extras
RETURNING AUGUST 25, 2022 – Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!!!
The BEST news just came down, and the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will soon be back to help dreams come true for all young princesses and princes! Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices will transform guests ages 3 to 12 into some of their favorite Disney characters with hairstyling, makeup, costumes and accessories. This reopening will usher in even more options to choose from, including a new hair accessory especially designed for textured hair and new costumes featuring some of Disney’s newest heroes and heroines coming later this year!
Star Wars Activities
- Star Wars Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers- Travel to Black Spire Outpost, where a group known as the “Gatherers” ushers you into a covert workshop packed with unusual parts, whimsical pieces and miscellaneous memorabilia collected from the far reaches of the galaxy. Under their guidance, you can construct your very own lightsaber and bring it to life through the power of kyber crystals. Reservation is for builder and ONE guest.
- Star Wars – Droid Depot – -Build your own droid at Black Spire Outpost’s industrial depot. Visit a workshop stocked with parts, chips, manuals and other tech items useful for constructing your very own droid, one of the galaxy’s most indispensable sidekicks. First, register your choice of the BB-series unit or R-series unit with the clerk, who’ll provide a basket and blueprint for parts. Next, proceed to the following stations and begin your droid-building experience. Reservation is for builder and ONE guest.
To experience both the Droids and Lightsabers, make advanced reservations 60 days ahead. May the Force Be With You!
Capture Your Moment with a Private Photo Shoot
- Capture your moment – Commemorate your celebration with a photo session in any of the 4 parks setting. You can reserve a personalized 20-minute photo session that captures the fun and excitement of your special day—and your own unique style!
- These sessions start at $79 for 20 minutes. This is a great way to get those Senior Pictures, Engagement Announcements, and MORE!
Nighttime Entertainment at Disney Springs
- Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney – A Creative Tour-de-Force set your imagination in motion with Drawn to Life—a love letter to the art of Disney animation. In this first-ever collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, journey into a world where an animator’s desk becomes the stage and drawings come alive. The show is a celebration of life, accentuated by the delightful, mesmerizing movements of Cirque du Soleil’s acrobatic mastery.
- Tickets are on sale now for 2022.
This is just a sampling of the Enchanting Extras that you can do at Walt Disney World. Other activities have yet to return, like the Pirates Cruise. And there are plenty of Enchanting Extras that don’t cost a thing! It really is the Most Magical Place on Earth! Contact me today to book your trip!