Why Should You Stay On Property? Here are 5 Benefits to Staying on Disney Property
Central Florida is home to hundreds of hotels and resorts, so, of course, choosing the best place to stay for your family can be difficult. Room size, cost, etc. can be contributing factors, but most people do choose Disney Resorts over staying off-site. Here I lay out 5 benefits to staying on Disney property.
1. Guests On-Site Get First Dibs on Individual Lightning Lanes
Disney sells “Individual Lightning Lane” access to certain high-priority attractions, including such popular attractions as Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. These attractions are available for anyone to purchase, but for guests staying on-property at Disney resort hotels, availability opens at 7:00am. This is well in advance of off-site guests, which can frequently mean the difference between riding the attraction or not.
2. Disney Resort Hotel Guests have More Time in the Parks
- Early Theme Park Entry is available as early as 30 minutes before normal park opening for all 4 theme parks, every day. This option is available to those staying at any on-site resort.
- Extended Evening Theme Park Hours are available for 2 hours after normal park closing, typically every Monday at EPCOT and Wednesday at Magic Kingdom. This option is available to those staying at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa properties, as well as a few other select resorts.
3. Dining Reservations
Everyone has access to dining reservations at 60 days out, but when you’re staying on Disney property, you get access to 60 days PLUS TEN. Generally, this means that you only need to get up once to make your reservations, because you’ll have access to the entirety of your trip on day 60. Conversely, should you choose to stay off-site, you’ll need to get up every day and make those reservations. Obviously, having access to your entire vacation makes grabbing Oga’s Cantina or Chef Mickey or even Cinderella’s Royal Table a little bit easier.
4. You’ll Be In The Disney Bubble
It sounds like a fake scenario, truly, but being entirely immersed in the Disney Bubble really does add to the magic. Consider theming, proximity, convenience, cleanliness, and did I mention theming? Some resorts are so close you can walk to grab your afternoon nap.
5. Access to Some of the Most AMAZING Pools in Florida
Disney Resorts have incredible pools. Don’t like all the crowds and fuss at a large pool? Well, Disney has you covered there too. All of the resorts have quiet pools in addition to the feature pool. With one exception, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. They use their extra acreage to house African animals. A decent alternative to a quiet pool.